The Versatile Blogger Award! What is it? It’s when your blog has been considered for the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, and the level of love displayed in the words. This is a unique way of bloggers sharing their adoration of your blog with others.
I’m truly humbled to accept this nomination from Rachael, the blogger elite of Rachel’s Ramblingss. I would like to thank her for considering a new blogger, such as myself. I first ran across her when I was searching for blogs about camping and hiking. Read the blog that incited me to follow her here and realize why I’m always excited when I see she has posted something new.
I’ve been asked to share seven facts about myself, so here we go:
- I am a lover of dogs, especially rescues. My husband and I currently have a rottweiler and a pit bull. The pit bull (Zoey) was pretty well adjusted, so other than finding things to keep her challenged, she was a pretty simple addition. The rottweiler (Ares) was a long year I considered as rehab, but we stuck by him. At 2-3 years of age, we brought him home as he was recovering from mange. He had about 75% of his body hair, he stunk due to the mange, and he was scared of everything. Oh, did I mention he got carsick? Did I mention he didn’t know what to do with a ball/any toy or bone, or if you had a spoon in your hand and moved too quickly, he would run and hide? I was determined not to let him down and through the help of Kodi’s Club, six years later, he is my hiking buddy, shares his toys and bones happily, and even loves going for rides in the truck. Proven fact, a little love goes a longggg way.
- I suffer from osteoarthritis. This condition is so bad in my knees that I’ve seen three different specialists that have all told me I need double knee replacements. I’m 44 and active. Think I’ll wait until I’m in my 60’s or can no longer walk before I go under the knife, whichever comes first.
- If I could snort sugar, I would! I was first introduced to the cocaine-like substance while I was a toddler and have been an addict ever since. I swear I would be a size 4 if I could just stay away from Mr. Ben and Mr. Jerry.
- I have a really bad memory bank. When asked what I did over the weekend, I first reply with a blank stare and spend the next five minutes trying to replay the activities in my head. Hence the reason I started blogging. Not only is blogging an outlet for me, but sharing my adventures and experiences helps me keep track of things.
- I was a very bad kid. No drugs or alcohol, just the hatred of the word, “NO”. The oldest of three from a first generation Filipino family in the United States, my parents were strict. However, the stricter they were, the more rebellious I was. At the tender age of 12, I stole the car and picked up my junior high friends to go joyriding on Kodiak Island, Alaska. My uncle found me and instructed me to drive his Firebird straight home while he dropped off my friends. Granted, I took the long way home. Wouldn’t you have?
- I don’t like big crowds. If you were to know me, you would probably find that surprising since I’m easily approachable. However, people can exhaust me and lots of people in a concentrated space exhausts me even quicker. Give me the open sky and the sounds of nature and I’m truly happy.
- I used to struggle with self-esteem. It wasn’t until I was in my late 30’s that I finally learned to love and accept myself. I was a people pleaser because I couldn’t bear the thought of someone being unhappy with me. I didn’t want to disappoint and it took me awhile to realize that I can’t be everything to everybody. So, I learned to become friends with the way I looked, acted, and thought. I’m so much happier with ME now.
The blogs that I love and would like to nominate are as follows:
Again, thank you so much, Rachael, for this honor.
Your loving this blogging thingy clueless wanderer
The rules when nominated are:
- Thank the person that nominated you and include the link to their blog.
- Nominate 15 blogs of your choice.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
- Share seven facts about yourself.